Sign up for special offers and be the first to know when we’re available in your neighborhood!
We’re committed to keeping the oceans and your inbox free from unnecessary junk - we promise not to spam you.
Thanks for signing up!
Please wait (up to a minute) while we process your order.
Serves 2 (or you can double all ingredients for 2 pounds squid)
1 pound of fresh squid tubes and tentacles
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon white vinegar
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
2 serrano chiles, seeded and minced
Pinch of sugar
1 medium red onion, minced
2 cloves of garlic, cut in half
Salt and pepper to taste
1) In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients besides the squid. Set aside.
2) Prepare to blanch the squid by bringing a large pot of water to a boil. Place a colander in the sink and prepare a large ice bath.
3) Wash the squid. When the water is at a full boil, blanch the squid for no more than one minute.
4) Drain the squid in the colander and then place immediately into the ice bath. Let it cool for 10 minutes.
5) Remove the garlic pieces from the marinade. Add the squid to the marinade and cover.
6) Refrigerate at least two hours before serving.