Sign up for special offers and be the first to know when we’re available in your neighborhood!
We’re committed to keeping the oceans and your inbox free from unnecessary junk - we promise not to spam you.
Thanks for signing up!
Please wait (up to a minute) while we process your order.
1 1/2 pounds cleaned medium squid
1/4 pound bacon (about 5 slices), cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
1 cup chopped scallions
1/2 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
1) Rinse squid under cold water, then thoroughly pat dry between paper towels. Halve large tentacles lengthwise and cut bodies (including flaps, if attached) crosswise into 1/2-inch-wide rings.
2) Cook bacon in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until golden and crisp, then transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
3) Toss squid with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
4) Heat fat remaining in skillet over high heat until very hot, then sauté squid with scallions and red pepper flakes until just cooked through, about 3 minutes.
5) Serve squid immediately, sprinkled with bacon. Consider served over lightly sauteed spinach, halved cherry tomatoes and a bit of garlic. Yum!