Welcome to Our Community!
Each month we'll give away a free delivery to a randomly selected new visitor.
We’re committed to keeping the oceans and your inbox free from unnecessary junk - we promise not to spam you.
Thanks for signing up!
Please wait (up to a minute) while we process your order.
1 whole rockfish or black cod, scales, fins and innards removed
1 tablespoon lime juice (about half a lime, save the other half for later)
1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro (leaves and soft stems)
1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
1 teaspoon fish sauce
1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1 teaspoon light brown sugar
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Freshly ground black pepper
Chopped shallots, garlic, chilli to taste
3 tablespoons canola oil
1) Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with foil or parchment.
2) In a food processor, whiz up the lime juice, cilantro, mint, fish sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, pepper, and oil.
3) Cut 4 to 5 slits on each side of the fish, almost down to the bone.
4) Divide the cilantro paste in half. Rub 1 portion of the paste all over fish, especially into the slits and the cavity of the fish. Reserve the other half for serving.
5) Take a large piece of foil and form a loose ball. Stuff it into the cavity so that you can make the fish "sit" on the baking sheet, belly facing down, ridge of the fish's back facing the ceiling. It'll look as if the fish is swimming on the baking sheet!
6) Add chopped shallot, garlic, and chillies to dish
7) Bake until the eyes turn solid white and the flesh flakes easily, 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the size of the fish.
8) Top fish with cooked shallot, garlic and chilli
9) Taste the leftover marinade, and add juice from the other half of the lime. Serve marinade on the side with the fish.