Welcome to Our Community!
Each month we'll give away a free delivery to a randomly selected new visitor (valued at $115).
We’re committed to keeping the oceans and your inbox free from unnecessary junk - we promise not to spam you.
Thanks for signing up!
Please wait (up to a minute) while we process your order.
1 lb cleaned calamari, cut into rings
1⁄4 cup cornmeal or 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
2 eggs, slightly beaten
2 cloves garlic, mashed
1 cup breadcrumbs (garlic or Italina are common favorites)
oil (for frying)
1) coat the calamari rings in corn meal, shaking them out to get rid of any excess.
2) Dip the rings into a mixture of the eggs and garlic.
3) Dip them into the bread crumbs mixed with salt, coating them well, and shaking off any excess.
Up to this point may be done in advance, and the calamari rings refrigerated for a couple of hours, until you are ready to fry.
4) Heat the oil (the secret to crispy calamari is hot, hot oil, just below the smoking point.) Fry the rings (in batches) about 1 minute, or until they are golden.
5) Remove and drain on paper towels.
6) Serve immediately with lemon wedges, garlic mayo, or marinara sauce.
Note: If you have a deep fryer it's best, but otherwise, make sure the oil is deep enough to cover the calamari.