Please wait (up to a minute) while we process your order.
Real Good Fish is pleased to release this Request for Proposals (RFP) for the USDA funded project entitled “Powered by Real Good Fish: A replication model for new Community Supported Fishery programs,” through September 29, 2021.
There are three opportunities, outlined below. Proposals may respond to one, two, or all, depending on experience, expertise, and capacity.
Leveraging the success of one of the largest and strongest CSFs in the country, Real Good Fish in Moss Landing, CA, this project will create and implement a CSF replicator toolkit and an incubator and support network to catalyze the launch of new CSFs.
The project will:
● create a business model and protocols for replicating the Real Good Fish model, which
includes providing seafood, training and education for schools,
● launch a new CSF under this model in Santa Barbara County,
● produce a finalized replication model with a ‘toolkit’ of transferable turnkey resources.
This project will support new jobs in the CSF sector, create high-volume product demand for fishermen, strengthen commercial fishermen’s associations in California, provide seafood access and fisheries engagement for California’s next generation, and catalyze the evolution and growth of the CSF sector.
CONSULTANT SERVICES NEEDED
1. Operations Manager
● Managing the sourcing, processing, packaging, and distribution of fish along California’s
● Creating strategy and operational plan for the development of new markets and customer bases
● Developing and monitoring key performance indicators of procedures
● Ensuring compliance with all applicable safety and sanitation regulations, including.
This is a full-time contractor position with Real Good Fish and will contribute to the USDA project on an as-needed basis.
2. Business Model Development Consultant
● Powered by Real Good Fish toolkit of resources
● Set of best practices and SOP’s
● Turn-key business plan for CSFs
● CSF market opportunity scan report, including tech solutions
● Sample CSF marketing, branding, and fundraising plans
Budget: $30,000 total for 3 years
3. Evaluation and Assessment Consultant
● Evaluation framework and data collection tools
● Assessment of project impacts
● Annual progress reporting
Budget: $8,000 total for 3 years
TO SUBMIT A PROPOSAL
For consideration, please submit a proposal outlining the following:
● a description of services and how the above responsibilities will be met
● experience with similar projects
● description of rate and amount not to exceed
Send to: Alan Lovewell - alovewell(at)realgoodfish.com by November 20th.